AUGUST 5, 2017
9:00am - 12:00pm
Seeds of Faith Farm
605 Tip Lane
Brookneal, VA 24528
REGISTER ONLINE: https://goo.gl/forms/Lw5sR5n8lfVYL50q2
VSU Small Farm Outreach Program agents Cassidy Williams and Tammy Holler be your hosts at the Field Day to welcome participants and introduce representatives from USDA, Extension and Virginia state agencies. Presentations include information about programs and resources available to Virginia small and beginning farmers.
• Dr. Reza Rafie, Extension Specialist, Horticulture, Virginia State University
• Anthony Landrum, Campbell/Amherst/Appomattox, Community Economic Development
and Diane Lenoir-Giles, Public Relations/Outreach Specialist, USDA Farm Service Agency
• Laurette Tucker, USDA Rural Development
• Don Yancy, USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service
• Herman Ellison, USDA National Agriculture Statistics Service
• Jonathan Wooleridge, Conservation Specialist, Robert E. Lee Soil & Water Conservation District (Appomattox)
• Todd Scott, Campbell County Extension Agent, Virginia Cooperative Extension
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Contact Cassidy Williams (804-704-4033 / firstname.lastname@example.org) or call the Small Farm Outreach Program office at (804) 524-3292.
If you are a person with a disability and desire any assistive devices, services or other accommodations to participate in this activity, please contact the Small Farm Outreach Program office at (804) 524-3292 / TDD (800) 828-1120 during business hours of 8 am. and 5 p.m. to discuss accommodations five days prior to the event.
The Virginia Beginning Farmer & Rancher Coalition Program is a state-wide and coalition-based Extension program housed in Virginia Tech’s Department of Agricultural, Leadership, and Community Education. Funding was sponsored by the Beginning Farmer and Rancher Development Program (BFRDP) of the USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA) Award #2015-70017-22887. For more information, contact Kim Niewolny, Program Director and Extension Specialist, at email@example.com or 540-231-5784.
For website updates, such as broken links, please contact Allyssa Mark, Program Associate.